Tracey Porpora was the lead reporter covering the rise and fall of the New York Wheel, proposed for the St. George waterfront on Staten Island. She has penned more than 150 stories on the topic.
This led to an award for distinguished beat reporting by the New York News Publishers Association.
Tracey exclusively reported the project was dead in October before any other media wrote about the Wheel’s downfall.
- If NY Wheel fails, how will real estate market be impacted?
- NY Wheel investors working to bring smaller wheel to St. George site
- Sources: Smaller NY Wheel plan ‘more than just talk
- NY Wheel: Without the city, ‘it’s not going to happen’
- Source: Here’s how $400M in NY Wheel money was spent
- City won’t help rescue Wheel; not ‘economically viable,’ mayor says
- Embattled NY Wheel: Court motion outlines last shot at mediation
- Exclusive: NY Wheel says project is still being pursued
- NY Wheel applies for an extension to get the project back on track
- One NY Wheel investor’s reason for pulling money out of the project
- Exclusive: NY Wheel gets green light to hire new contractor
- New York Wheel stalled for 10 months: How did we get here?
- Exclusive: Former NY Wheel CEO Rich Marin now involved with Eye of Texas Wheel
- Former contractor pushing to auction $9M NY Wheel legs, other parts
During Tracey’s coverage of the NY Wheel project, she was looked upon by other media as an “expert,” about the project’s ups and downs. She has been interviewed on various radio shows, including WNYC and WCBS about the Wheel project.